Recommended Plan for
Residents and Fellows
- Own Occupation Definition of Disability (Entire
- Total Disability or Totally Disabled means that, solely due to injury or sickness, you are not able to perform the material and substantial duties of your occupation.
- $2,500 - $5,000 monthly benefit, no income documentation**
- $6,500 - $7,500 monthly benefit, no income documentation***
- $7,500 - $12,000 Future Increase Option Rider
- As long as your increased income qualifies for more coverage under the company's issue limits, the future increase option guarantees your right to purchase additional coverage up to a stated age without evidence of insurability.
- Mental/Nervous; Substance Abuse coverage for the entire benefit period
- Cost of Living Adjustment Rider (COLA)
- A cost of living rider will adjust benefits for inflation during a long-term claim.
- Residual Disability Benefit Rider
- Under a residual disability provision an insured receives a percentage of their disability benefit based on the percentage of income loss the sickness or injury has caused.
- Catastrophic Disability Rider (CAT)
- Catastrophic Disability or catastrophically disabled means that, due to injury or sickness, you are: Unable to perform two or more of the activities of daily living without human standby assistance; or Cognitively impaired; or Irrecoverably disabled. This benefit amount is in addition to your basic monthly benefit.
- Non-cancellable and Guaranteed Renewable
- You may renew the policy at the end of each premium term until the expiration date. During that time, the company cannot change the premium or cancel the policy.
- Elimination period (90 Day)
- It is the period of time that must elapse from the onset of a disability, before you are eligible to receive monthly benefits.
I’ve had the pleasure of being Mike’s client for many years now, and have benefitted time and again from his extensive knowledge of the ever changing disability insurance field, and more importantly by his honesty and genuine concern for my best interest.Peter Whaba, M.D.
Mike has been great to work with to obtain disability and life insurance. I was presented with quotes from several different companies, and he explained all of the details of the policies and pertinent classes to make sure I was getting exactly what I needed. I would highly recommend his services to anyone.Adam Ehrlich, M.D.
Mike has provided me with great service for my life and disability policies. I never had to put up with the hard sell, or any kind of pressure from him. Since he works with multiple insurers, Mike is always looking to get the best policy for me. I have recommended his services to many of my friends, and think everyone would be satisfied with Mike Mazzarella.Steve Bader, M.D., Anesthesiologist, West Virginia
Mr. Mazzarella assisted me with applying for my disability policy efficiently and with professionalism. I was pleased with how easy the whole process was.April Horton, M.D., Ph.D., Anesthesiologist, New York
Mike Mazzarella is thoroughly versed in the disability insurance marketplace and provides exceptional service to his clients---he is highly recommended.Timothy McCullough, D.O., Urologist, Connecticut
Mike provided quality service with his personal touch and I was impressed with his expertise.Peter F. Lalor, M.D., Surgeon, Ohio
Working with Mike was a great experience. He made the whole process easy, understandable, and we managed to get my disability insurance quickly and without problems. Most importantly, Mike was there to answer my questions and give advice. I would recommend Mike Mazzarella to anyone looking to get disability insurance and I thank him for all his help.Jon Elias, M.D., Pediatrician, South Carolina
I truly enjoy working with Mike. He handles both my disability and life insurance, and I have recommended him to all my friends. He is extremely knowledgeable and always accessible. He makes the process very simple and easy to manage. He has access to multiple companies, and not only has complete understanding of all the policies, but explains it in a concise comprehensible way for a busy physician to make an educated decision. It can be very hard to find an honest and professional Physician Consultant, but it is because of this I hold Mike in the highest regard.Steven Falowski, M.D., Neurosurgeon, Pennsylvania